Sunday, October 3, 2010

My interview process.

In my interview with my mother, we talked about her life while she was growing up. A lot of the info I already knew from past stories I have heard, but some of the info I had not remembered correctly. My mother has a very interesting past a lot of which would have been a lot different if she had gotten an education. I believe I have enough information for all my body paragraphs, although I did find out all my mom ever wanted was to be a mother and wife. Education wasn't that important to her back then, but I believe if her teachers had cared more and given her more help she would have had a chance to succeed in school.
I conducted the interview at my mothers' home in Kansas over the weekend. I believe I have enough info, although if I need anything else my mother will answer any questions over the phone. The only concern I have at this point is that my paper will not be much information about her education. I hope to overcome this by writing it around the fact that she never got an education. I learned that my grandfather was a large factor in her not staying in school. He was an alcoholic and would drag her out of school to watch her handicapped sister and two brothers that were nearly deaf. My grandmother worked a lot and couldn't do anything to help her. I believe I will be able to write a fairly good interview paper based on the interview I conducted.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Cristina,

    I find it interesting that your mother wanted to be a mother and wife. How did that work out for her? An interesting question to explore might be why she wanted to become this.

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well my father and her have been married for over 39 years so I guess pretty good even though they have struggled financially. I will have to call and ask her why she always wanted to be a wife and mother and nothing else. Guess I just always assumed that was what most mothers at that time wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cristina,

    You do elaborate on this in your paper and I am glad that you do. It was a well written rough draft :)

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete