Sunday, October 24, 2010

Do you ever reflect upon your experiences to high school and college?

Every now and then, I think about high school and the fact that I never tried very hard. I did just enough to get through each year, and that was enough as far as I was concerned. I didn't have very many friends so I had no one to study with. I believe children that have study partners or friends to help them they do better in school because they actually care. Now that I am in college, I think if I had studied more, tried harder, or cared about it at all I wouldn't have such a hard time with school now. I find it hard to study for tests because I never learned how to studied in high school. It has been a very long time since I got my GED and I haven't studied much of anything since then. I have tried to help my children with their homework and like my mother, sometimes I feel helpless when I look at what they are doing in school. Things have advanced since I was where they are now. They are learning things in fourth grade that I didn't learn till sixth grade, so by the time they get to high school they are doing things I never did. Every time I have a test in college, I panic a little because I failed almost every test in high school and I want so much to succeed in college and get really good grades. I think sometimes a person just needs to grow up and live life a little before they realize how very important an education is. Unfortunately for some, including me, it takes a little longer than it should.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cristina,

    I appreciate your response. Tell me is this something you would like to continue for Task Three? If so, which essay might you include? I know that you were absent, but on Friday, we read some great essays that you might look at such as Mary Sherry's "In Praise of the F Word," Leonid Fridman's "America Needs Its Nerds," and Russel Baker's "School vs. Education. You might take a look at these.

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete