Sunday, October 17, 2010

Self Evaluation for Task Two

Self Evaluation for Task-Two

* What is the thesis for your paper?
My Thesis is: It seemed not only was the educational system not helping her, but neither was her father.

* List the main points you make in your paper.
1. She had a learning disability.
2. Her father used to drag her out of school to babysit her sister and two of her brothers.
3. She failed every year and was still passed to the next grade.
4. She dropped out in the 8th grade.
5. She got married at 17.
6. She had three children.
7. Never went back to school or got her GED although she did try once.

* What was the most helpful advice you received from your peer evaluation?
I forgot to indent my paragraphs.

* What was the most helpful information you received in class for your paper?
I needed to give more information about myself in the conclusion.

* How many drafts of this paper do you think you wrote and how/when did you write
them? For example, did you compose at the keyboard, did you write lots of notes to yourself, did you pre-write or outline, did you write in small chunks of time or sit down and produce an entire draft at one sitting?
I wrote three drafts to my paper, first I made a list of questions, then I wrote my rough draft, followed by my final copy.

* What would you do differently with this paper to make it more effectively, or what did you try to do that you just don’t think you got a good handle on?
I would have asked my mother all the questions at once. I had to call her twice to get all the answers. If I had gotten all my questions answered at first, it wouldn't take as long to write.

* What are most pleased with about this paper?
I love that I didn't have too much to change after my rough draft.

1 comment:

  1. HI Cristina,

    I'm happy with your final draft of Task 2. I can tell that you have put much into the drafts in this class and I appreciate your hard work.

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete