Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Becoming Educated

My early expectations of college where that I was going to have to study every free second I had, and that it would all be very, very hard. Turns out that it isn't all that hard yet, but I am sure it is only going to get harder as I keep going considering this is my first semester. I want to receive good grades and do really well. I never cared much about school in High School and didn't study very often, so college seems a little harder to me than I am sure it does to some other people who did well in High School. Not to mention I am older than most of my classmates, and I not only have to juggle school, but also a job and three children. I am dedicated to doing my best at Missouri Western. I want to be a nurse when I graduate, and to do that I must have really good grades just to get into the nursing program. I also want to show my children that college isn't easy and if you want to succeed then you need to do well in all grades, not just college. I think Jordan and I have the same idea to study a lot and be the best we can be. I am not putting as much pressure on myself as Jordan did on herself, but times are different now and it is easier for girls in school now than it was back in 1959.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Cristina,

    I'm glad that you decided to come back to school. Unfortunately, it can be more difficult for those who choose to wait to go back to college; however, you chose to wait for a reason. That is ok. Sometimes it is best to wait depending on the circumstances and the mindset of the individual. What I can see of you now is that you are determined to succeed and that you have done well for yourself in this class. It certainly is no easy matter, but if you are willing to put in the time and effort like Jordan did, it is.

    MS. C

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely motivated to get through school, unfortunately I am having many issues with my oldest daughter and she is making juggling school, work and kids very difficult right now. Hopefully soon that will change, but until then I am just trying to take it day by day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cristina,

    That is all you can do. I don't have children, so personally, I cannot relate. But hang in there. I'm certain you are doing the best that you can do given the circumstances. It most certainly is the age!

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete