Sunday, September 5, 2010

Task One Idea

Task One Idea

For Task One, I have decided to write about my grandmother. After reading "Rite of Passage", it brought up some old memories. I believe my grandmother will be a wonderful person to write about that can bring inspiration to others. She lost both of her legs after a surgery and went through a lot of other things that made her the strongest woman I have ever known. I believe my biggest challenges are going to be getting all of the facts. I plan to ask my mother for most of the facts and if there are things she can't remember I will ask my aunt who still lives in West Virginia where my grandmother lived.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Cristina,

    I'm happy that by reading "Rite of Passage" that you have been motivated to find a topic! Good for you! I do have a question though from a reader's standpoint. How did your grandmother influence you? OR are you writing about a specific event which she lost both legs?

    Let me know if you need additional help locating supporting details.

    Ms. Chastain

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grandmother influenced me to be a good person. She always saw the best in people and accepted them for who they were. She was always there for everyone and would give them the shirt off her back even if it was her last shirt. She was a wonderful person that I will miss very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cristina,

    Thank you for responding! When you make claims that your grandmother was a good person, or that she saw the best in people, or she accepted them for who they were, what do you remember of your own experiences with your grandmother. Recall your own experiences and use these as supporting detail.

    ReplyDelete