Thursday, September 2, 2010

My Letter of Introduction


My Letter of Introduction

My name is Cristina Ascheman and I am a 35 year old mother of 3 children. I was born in Bluefield, WV and soon after moved to Blue Rapids, KS where I was raised. Blue Rapids is a very small town that shares the high school with the next town.  When I was 20 I moved to Missouri right before having my second child. I was married for three years before getting a divorce. After that I decided to go to school and graduated from Vatterott with an Associate's Degree in Computer Programming and Network Management in 2000. It took me 9 years before I found a programming job here in Saint Joseph, MO.  Since then, I have discovered that I dislike programming. Something about sitting down all day just isn't for me. That is probably why I have also worked as a server at Red Lobster for 8 years. 
I have grown to enjoy reading although I used to despise it. My favorite books are the Twilight Series and recently I have really enjoyed the Vampire Academy novels by Richelle Mead. I am in the middle of the fourth book and it is taking me a while to read, because it is moving more slowly than the other books. Another series I love are the House of Night Novels by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast. There has always been something about  the supernatural that intrigues me. 
I have never been a very good writer. In high school I had a very fun Spanish teacher. He always made class fun and encourage me to take two years of it. My second year there, another girl and I wrote a poem that was sent in and published in a writers newspaper. That is the only thing I have ever had published. Since then the only thing I have written are emails to friends and family, or notes to schools when my kids are sick. I would love to get better at writing, but have never really tried. I believe I will need writing in the future because I am wanting to be a nurse. I will need to make sure that things written down in reports are accurate in order to treat people correctly. I look forward to learning more about how to write in this class.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cristina,

    Thank you for sharing. I understand your boredom, so to speak, with your programming job. (And your possible frustrations with serving :))

    I too am a big fan of the Twilight series; however, I must admit that I haven't read past the second novel! I would also recommend "The Short Life of Bree Tanner" and "The Host" all by the same author.

    I would love to read the poem that was published.

    Ms. Chastain

    ReplyDelete