Sunday, September 19, 2010

Self Evaluation

Self-Evaluation

What is the thesis for your paper?
The Thesis for my paper was "My grandmother went through a lot of hardship's in her life, from and abusive husband to the loss of her son and later both her legs, but was always kind and generous to everyone she met. She is my inspiration and the reason I am who I am.

List the main points you make in your paper.

In my paper I talk about my grandfather who was an alcoholic and very abusive. I also talk about her son, my Uncle Michael who was murdered and how that was the only time I ever saw her break down. Later I talk about the loss of her legs and how that didn't change the person she was.


What was the most helpful advice you received from your peer evaluation?

We never got to my paper in the peer evaluations.


What was the most helpful information you received in class for your paper?
My professor gave me the best advice about my thesis. I needed to add more detail about the hardships my grandmother went through.

How many drafts of this paper do you think you wrote and how/when did you write them? For example, did you compose at the keyboard, did you write lots of notes to yourself, did you pre-write or outline, did you write in small chunks of time or sit down and produce an entire draft at one sitting?
For my paper I made a list of the main details then sat down and wrote the story on paper before finally typing out my rough draft. Then I had a friend read over it and make suggestions before writing another copy. After I received back the edited copy from my professor, I wrote my final draft.

What would you do differently with this paper to make it more effectively, or what did you try to do that you just don’t think you got a good handle on?
I would have gotten more help on the thesis. I am still not too sure about writing the thesis and what all to put in it.


What are most pleased with about this paper?
I love the way the story turned out. I believe I told my grandmothers story very well with all the things she went through. There were more, but then the story would have been six pages.

1 comment:

  1. HI Cristina,

    I'm sorry to hear that you did not have you paper peer reviewed. I thought I alloted enough time for everyone. For the next task paper, I am doing things differently. Instead of groups of 3 and 4, there will be groups of 2 (and perhaps one group of 3 depending on the size of the class). By doing so, you should have enough feedback!

    I'm happy as to how your paper turned out!

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete