Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Who I am!


          My name is Cristina Ascheman and I am a very busy 35 year old mother of two teenage daughters, and one nine year old son.  I work two jobs, and go to school full time so I have very little free time.  I have been at Red Lobster for about 9 years and worked with computers for about 3 years, out of the 12 years I have lived in Saint Joseph.  I came from a town that was so small, we shared a high school with two towns.  We were the mustangs although we had cows in the field in front of our school.  I hated high school so I did not do well in my classes, and I did not feel as if my teachers cared much about my grades.  I love to read books about vampires and other supernatural things, so yes, I am a Twilight nerd.  I just discovered my last semester that miss being able to read and I do enjoy writing.  I find that with having two teenage daughters it can be very therapeutic to write down my feelings.  I sometimes have a hard time with how to word things, but still try to do the best I can.   I want to get as much input as possible from anyone that will read my papers.  Growing up I always wanted to be a nurse and that is what brought me to Missouri Western.  I plan to get as much as I can out of my college education while attending school here.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Cristina,

    I'm happy that you have chosen to enroll in 104 with me this semester. It will certainly be a different experience than 100 and I hope that it goes well for you.

    Over the break, did you have the opportunity to read anything or to journal at all? I know that you have been very busy, which is more than likely an understatement!

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Over the break I finished a book I had been trying to read but did not start a journal like I wanted to. I am working a full time day job and Red Lobster on the weekends so I really don't have time for much of anything. Hope your break went well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cristina,

    I understand you are busy; aren't we all? :) I have found that if you allow yourself some time either in the morning or at night before bed to write, it can become part of your routine.

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete