Thursday, December 9, 2010

Task Four Self Evaluation

•What is the thesis for your paper?

" People have lost the joy that comes from using their imagination when reading and writing, and instead rely on the imagination of others."

•List the main points you make in your paper.

My main points in this paper are that people do not use their imagination as much as they used to. People watch too much television and play on the internet too often, instead of reading or writing stories, whether they are their own real life stories or fiction.

•What was the most helpful advice you received from your peer evaluation?

The most helpful advice I got was on my Works Cited page. I had something wrong on it.

•What was the most helpful information you received in class for your paper?

That I needed to move a couple lines from my second paragraph, to my first paragraph and use it as my introduction.

•How many drafts of this paper do you think you wrote and how/when did you write them? For example, did you compose at the keyboard, did you write lots of notes to yourself, did you pre-write or outline, did you write in small chunks of or sit down and produce an entire draft at one sitting?

When I wrote this paper I sat down at the computer and wrote out my experience from kindergarten all the way to college. Later I found all the quotes that I wanted. I then added the quotes in to the essay. I think in total I sat and changed my essay about three times.

•What would you do differently with this paper to make it more effectively, or what did you try to do that you just don’t think you got a good handle on?

I think if I had to rewrite this paper I would have found the quotes first and then wrote my experiences around them.

•What are most pleased with about this paper?

To be honest, I am not really all that pleased with this paper. I feel like I had a hard time with it. If I have to choose one thing it would probably be that I had more quotes then I did with Task 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment