Saturday, November 13, 2010

Self Analysis for Task 3

* What is the thesis for your paper?
"I have seen how the school system can fail the students by passing the children even if they do not understand the things they are taught. Not only is the school system to blame, but also the state laws."

* List the main points you make in your paper.
In Missouri there is a state law where, at the age of 17 children are considered adults allowing them to choose to move out of their parent’s house and drop out of school.

If a failing student who put forth no effort should not be allowed to attend summer school then receive a guaranteed pass onto the next grade.

The problem with this is that parents do not want to see their children fail in school, so they try to make sure their children are passed regardless of the fact that it will hurt the children more in their future.

Most 16 year olds are too immature, caring more about running with their friends rather than building a life for themselves.

teens are too immature to graduate and if the student is not doing well because they just are not applying themselves, they should be doomed to repeat that year again.

* What was the most helpful advice you received from your peer evaluation?
Forgot to add the MLA page numbers after the quotes.

* What was the most helpful information you received in class for your paper?
To put more of my experiences in the paper.

* How many drafts of this paper do you think you wrote and how/when did you write them?
I did an outline on paper, two rough drafts and a final copy on the computer.

* What would you do differently with this paper to make it more effectively, or what did you try to do that you just don’t think you got a good handle on?
Not sure if I did the quotes correctly. Think I should have added more of them to my paper.

* What are most pleased with about this paper?
I think I got a lot of my frustrations out talking about it in my essay.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Cristina,

    I'm glad that you were able to voice out some of your concerns in this paper. I don't know if you would agree, but that is what I enjoy most about writing (e.g. personal writing that is). It is so helpful when you have some kind of traumatic experience and you want to voice it out. Sometimes it can be like dumping your thoughts into one avenue and after that you feel refreshed.

    You have done a great job with the writing you have done thus far. I'm very pleased with your growth. I hope to see this continue in 104 if you decide to take it with me in the spring.

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that writing about personal experiences are very therapeutic. It makes me feel a lot better about life when I can write it down.

    I definitely plan on taking 104 with you next semester. You have really helped me with writing this semester.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cristina,

    I'm happy to hear that. It will definitely be a different kind of class especially the writing. I'm hoping to only assign 3 drafts :)

    ReplyDelete